Thursday, July 19

Chocolate Chip Cookies


2/3 c butter
2/3 c shortening
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 1/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 bag (12 oz) chocolate chips*

Preheat oven to 375. Cream butter and shortening and two sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add flour, 1 c at a time. Add baking soda and salt with final 1/2 c. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes. Cookies will seem underdone when first removed, but will set as they cool.

Yield: 4 1/2 dozen small cookies

Source: Short Stop's blog (she's got many more tasty recipes there which I haven't tried yet).
You can find her recipe here - which is for a double batch.

*I kept the amount of chocolate chips the same as the double batch - we like chocolate!

3 comments:

Tara O said...

OH great now she's trying to make us all FAT :P~~~

Monica said...

Am making these cookies right now. Ethan and I couldn't wait for the 1st batch to be done so we could taste em'. Ummm, were they de-lish! This recipe is going in my recipe box!!

Monica said...

Oh, did I mention I made them with ALL butter because I forgot to buy shortening! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm