2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
1/4 c brown sugar
1 c chicken stock
1/2 c prepared honey mustard
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp curry powder
Chicken
4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast (6 to 8 oz each)
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Vegetable oil, for drizzling
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat grill pan or griddle over medium-high heat.
Add vegetable oil to a small saucepan over moderate heat. Add red onions and sauté, 3 to 5 minutes. Add vinegar and reduce by half, 1 minute or 2. Add brown sugar and cook 1 minute to incorporate. Whisk in stock and honey mustard, allspice and curry powder. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to lowest setting.
Coat chicken with a drizzle of oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Place chicken on hot grill and cook 4 to 5 minutes, then turn. Baste chicken liberally with sauce and grill another 5 minutes. Turn once again and baste. Cook 2 or 3 minutes more, then transfer chicken to a platter and serve.
Source: Rachel Ray's 30 Minutes Meals 2
Personal variation: I didn't have a red onion so I used a vidalia onion. I only do 4 breasts and the sauce can be reduced to a half portion. I did not have my pan hot enough so it took much longer to cook, and you can see I cut them in half to speed up the cooking process.
2 comments:
These look really good. I bet the curry with the sweetness of the brown sugar is a great combination. Great chicken recipe! Thanks for sharing!
Yummy...I almost feel like I can smell the flavor!
Post a Comment