**Note: In my attempt to buy groceries with 3 children along, I bought "acini de pepe" instead of orzo - if you are wondering why the "orzo" above doesn't look like orzo. We liked it with the change and may just keep it.
1 lb orzo or acini de pepe, uncooked
3/4 lb chicken breast
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic, minced
3/4 c jarred sun-dried tomatoes, drained, coarsely chopped (reserve 1/4 c oil from jar)
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 tsp oregano
2 Tbsp parsley
1/4 c red wine vinegar
2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
salt and pepper, to taste
Heat oven to 350 (I use convection roast). Heat olive oil in cast iron pan over medium heat. Sprinkle black pepper and salt over both sides of chicken. Add to pan and cook for 5 minutes, turning halfway. Remove from cooktop and place in oven for 30 minutes.
Cook orzo (acini de pepe) according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat reserved sun-dried tomato oil in skillet. Add garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and peppers. Saute until soft, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Toss together hot pasta, cooked vegetables, seasonings, parsley, red-wine vinegar, chicken and feta cheese.
Makes 9 servings.
**This recipe also calls for 1/4 c black olives, chopped, which I left out.
4 comments:
Oh yeah, come to mama!
Looks good, LA.
Sounds yummy! Did you use orzo, or quinoa? It looks so round!
I thought I was buying orzo, but I just looked at the box and saw it was acini de pepe!!???!!! LOL!!!!!
Made this last night! Yum! Thanks for sharing. We love Greek/Mediterranean dishes around here.
Yes, the snow is fun. We mostly enjoy it around here and need the moisture so are thankful for it. But I've come to realize that "snow days" as an adult aren't quite the same as when we were kids. :) Still a nice break from the routine, though!
Post a Comment