1 lb ground beef
1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 c chopped green pepper
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
3/4 c water
28 oz can whole tomatoes
OR - 2 14.5 oz cans petite diced (I got the ones with garlic in them and then skipped adding in the cloves)
10 3/4 oz can tomato soup
6 oz can tomato paste
Large can mushrooms
15 1/2 oz kidney beans, undrained (I used cannellini beans)
In medium skillet, brown ground beef with onion; drain. In large saucepan, combine ground beef mixture and remaining ingredients except beans.
Cover; simmer over low heat for 2 hours. Add beans and heat thoroughly.
Serve with sour cream, cheddar cheese and a slice of cornbread!
Source: My parents

2 comments:
AWESOME! Must. Make. Some.
MMN! YUMMY! Al and I are big chili lovers this time of year. I think I must try this one also.
I think the kitchen is calling me.
I must put on a pot of chili.
Post a Comment