Tuesday, September 25

Pirate Stew


3/4 c sliced onion
1 lb ground beef
1/4 c uncooked, long grain rice
3 c diced raw potatoes
1 c diced celery
2 c canned kidney beans, drained (I used white cannelenni beans)
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 c tomato sauce
1/2 c water

Brown onions and ground beef in a skillet. Drain.

Layer ingredients in slow cooker in order given.

Cover. Cook on Low 6 hours, or until potatoes and rice are cooked.


Source: Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook (Dawn J. Ranck and Phyllis Pellman Good)

post signature

4 comments:

Just Mom said...

Looks good -- and easy to make.

I make something similar using ground beef and a can or two of Campbell's alphabet soup. Brown the beef, add a can of soup, a soup-sized can of water, heat and serve. I spoon that over rice.

Rising Rainbow said...

Sounds good, I would have to find something instead of the beans because DH won't eat anything with beans but the rest sounds right up his fussy little alley.

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy and easy. I love using my crockpot. I tend to overlook it and miss a great opportunity and a house that smells good all day!

Lori said...

That stew does look good.
We love rice here. I may just have to give this recipe a try.