Saturday, August 25

Ice Cream Sundae Dessert


2 c semisweet chocolate chips
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 package (12 oz) vanilla wafers, crushed
1/2 c butter or margarine, melted
2 qt vanilla ice cream OR flavor of your choice, softened (we used mint chocolate chip)
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate chips with milk and salt; cook and stir until thickened, about 25 min. Remove from the heat; set aside.
Combine the wafer crumbs and butter; set aside 1 c. Press remaining crumbs into a greased 9x13 pan. Chill for 10-15 min.
Pour chocolate over crumbs. Cover and freeze for 20-25 min or until firm. Spread the ice cream over chocolate. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Freeze at least 2 hours before serving.


post signature

6 comments:

Susan said...

I just wanted to tell you what a wonderful site this is!!! Your pictures actually make my mouth water. I will eventually try a bunch of these. Just haven't been doing a lot of cooking lately.

Mickey & I eat so light when I cook something we get 3 or 4 meals out of it so my microwave and freezer get a workout.
Susan

Pen of Jen said...

I am laughing, guess what I am eating right now?

Ice cream!!!Yummy

Anonymous said...

Now we are talking! I think I can eat this with no side effects, well maybe some added FAT, but no headaches! Can't wait to try it!

Annie said...

This sounds so good!!!

Lori said...

OH I love chocolate. I will be trying this one.

Short Stop said...

I see this in my future! :):)