Sunday, July 29

Sugar Cookies


Cream:
1 c shortening
1 c granulated sugar
1 c brown sugar

Add 3 eggs, one at a time.

Mix together:
4 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder

Stir until it foams:
1 c buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Add milk and flour alternately.

Bake at 375 for 10-13 minutes.

Source: Great-Grandma K.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sugar Cookies are my very favorite! Are these soft and chewy? They look it from the picture.

Short Stop said...

These look delicious! GREAT photo! They look so soft and yummy!

MorningSong said...

Yummy yummy to my tummy!

:)

Amber said...

Ok, this was the first time that I've been here....
Um, can I come over to your house for EVERY MEAL?!?!?!

Nonnas News said...

I love your recipe blog! I collect recipes, so I'll probably bookmark your blog. I just started blogging a couple of weeks ago, and I plan to start adding some recipes to mine. Thanks for sharing! Patti(from texas)