
14 c tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
4 c onions, chopped
4 c green peppers, chopped
1/2 c jalapeno peppers, chopped
3 T fresh cilantro, chopped
4 T salt
1 T chili powder
2 T oregano
1 T garlic powder
4 tsp cumin
1/2 c vinegar
1 12 oz. can of tomato paste
Combine all ingredients and cook until it comes to a good boil. Place in jars, put on lid and ring, close tightly, then turn upside down on your counter for about 10 minutes. Turn upright and let set on counter until cool.
This recipe makes about 5 quarts. The first time I made it, I made only a 1/4 of the recipe to see if it was what we liked. I ended up changing the amounts of the onions (I added more) and green peppers (I added less). Certainly, there is not one recipe that will fit all taste buds - try it and make your own changes...come back and let me know what you did!!
Source: Kim K.

1 comment:
Looks awesome, LA!
Post a Comment