3 lb boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium onion, sliced
1 lb fresh mushrooms, halved
1 (1.61 oz) package brown gravy mix
1 (10 1/2 oz) can beef broth
1 c red wine
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 bay leaf
Hot cooked egg noodles or rice
Place first 3 ingredients in a 6-qt slow cooker.
Whisk together gravy mix and next 3 ingredients; pour evenly over beef and vegetables. Add bay leaf.
Cover and cook on HIGH 6 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf. Serve over noodles.
Personal Variation: Instead of cutting the roast, I left it whole. When it finished cooking, I tore it into pieces. I also added 2 Tbsp cornstarch to the gravy when the roast was removed. (To add cornstarch, I pulled out 1 c of gravy and mixed the 2 Tbsp with that and then added it back in.)
Source: Southern Living magazine, February 2006
1 medium onion, sliced
1 lb fresh mushrooms, halved
1 (1.61 oz) package brown gravy mix
1 (10 1/2 oz) can beef broth
1 c red wine
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 bay leaf
Hot cooked egg noodles or rice
Place first 3 ingredients in a 6-qt slow cooker.
Whisk together gravy mix and next 3 ingredients; pour evenly over beef and vegetables. Add bay leaf.
Cover and cook on HIGH 6 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf. Serve over noodles.
Personal Variation: Instead of cutting the roast, I left it whole. When it finished cooking, I tore it into pieces. I also added 2 Tbsp cornstarch to the gravy when the roast was removed. (To add cornstarch, I pulled out 1 c of gravy and mixed the 2 Tbsp with that and then added it back in.)
Source: Southern Living magazine, February 2006

7 comments:
Yummy! This sounds so good!
Mmmmmmmm....... I'm going to have to try this.
BTW...if it only calls for a cup of the red wine, does that mean I can have the rest of the bottle.
;-D
Leigh Ann this sounds so delicious!
I am thinking of trying to make this next week!
I know that you are very busy, but I appreciate the time that you take for all of us in Blogland!
Jennifer
Seriously, can I bring my family over every night for supper?
This recipe looks delicious. I'm going ot have to try this one.
OK, this looks AMAZING!!
I am going to print this recipe out and try and make this later in the week!
Thanks for sharing this!!
- Audrey
Post a Comment