Monday, July 9

Strawberry Delight


1 box Angel food cake mix
8 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 c 10x sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 c cool whip
2 Tbsp cook clear gel (I replace with corn starch)
1/3 c water
1 1/2 c water
3 oz strawberry Jell-O
2 small boxes strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced


Bake angel food cake mix according to directions. (You can buy one from store, but they don't give as much cake as the box.) Mix sugar, cream cheese, vanilla and fold in cool whip. In saucepan, mix clear gel/corn starch with 1/3 c water and add the 1 1/2 c water to it. Boil until thick. Take off heat and add Jell-O. Allow it to cool before adding strawberries. Cut or tear the cake into bite-sized pieces. Layer the cake, cream mixture and strawberries in dish; I like to use my trifle dish, but a glass 9x13 works well, too. Let it chill in the refrigerator a few hours to firm up the Jell-O.

I poured the strawberries on a little too soon, I think, because it ran to the bottom. I usually put the saucepan in the fridge for a bit to let it chill there first.

Source: KW
Also posted here.

3 comments:

Lori said...

This looks so yummy! We are eating lots of fresh strawberries right now. I'm going to have to try this.

Amber said...

ok...maybe I should leave, I trying to LOSE weight! This is NOT helping!!!!

0:) Amber

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

Oh oh oh, that looks so yummy! I am going to have to try this one day. Love your recipes that you have shared. I'll back back to copy some of them down!